Sunday, February 20, 2011

First Bow Strokes

A bit overdue... but here's a vid of my "first bow strokes". The clips are from Feb 7th to Feb 20th.


There was great amount of improvement over 2 weeks - much more than I would have anticipated. I practice about 30 minutes/day and it's actually paying off - it's nice to now see my bow hand relaxed and extension with my elbow [instead of moving my upper arm]. At times, I'd rest my left arm against my body for support, but I stopped doing that very early from what I just watched... My posture was also off a bit initially - I'd tilt my head instead of turning my neck to hold the violin. So yeah, there's been a lot of improvement and much more to come!

I've learned to bow at the frog and tip, so I'll work on whole bow strokes this week. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get to left-hand placement over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment