Friday, February 4, 2011

I Got Striiings On It!

First the title - have you heard of Luniz? Probably not, but anyway there's a song called "I Got 5 On It". (Parental advisory notice if you listen to it.) lmbo

Back to blog related news: yes my strings arrived yesterday. I put them on and I'm very excited!


Bridge, bridge where art thou? It hasn't arrived likely due to the choppy winter weather, but I'll definitely have it next week. (Hence the loose strings.) Until then, I'll continue to do random violin related things - always practice bow handling skills and music theory. Bow handling may sound overrated, but my forearm muscles aren't accustomed to this type of use, so I need to work them daily. Similar to athletic training, I'll be able to increase muscle tone which will gradually create smoother bowing with more control and less 'bouncing' on the strings. So, imo it's well worth it.

Below is a clip of violin handling for the first time. The chin rest was quite uncomfortable and I thought I might need another style, but I lowered my shoulder rest height completely and found that it's actually perfect!



4ASDNC8YGMX9

No comments:

Post a Comment