Friday, February 4, 2011

Just a Bow

What a dull week... You know when you start something new and anticipate the time you'll experience what's great about it. Like reading a well polished book or starting an exciting new class? Well, that's where I'm at and where I'll be for several months.

I've greatly improved my ability to ID written notes just by using the Violin Fingering Drill on eMusic Theory (check my resources page) and gradually working on my timing using a metronome. On the other end, bow handling progress was a little uncomfortable initially

Naturally, I don't regularly exert the muscles needed to bow soooo it seemed as though I couldn't "make them work" when I wanted too - particularly muscles of the little finger. Ha, I don't even type with my little fingers... they're like "accessory fingers" to me. Anyway, I've posted a short clip below that shows bow handling progression through-out the week (Mon, Wed, & Fri).


No comments:

Post a Comment